This low carb faux Danish is made in the microwave – the whole recipe takes less than 5 minutes! Gluten free, keto, and sugar free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
There are many recipes online for various combinations of cream cheese and egg. Cloud Bread is one that I've made before, but there are also cream cheese puffs or mock danish recipes around too. A simple recipe I found for making in the microwave calls for 2 oz cream cheese, 1 egg, 1 tbs sweetener, and vanilla. Mix it all up, then cook until puffed up. I decided to adapt this into something more like a Danish – and that included some sort of fruit element and a soft creamy center.
The final result may have a different texture from a high-carb Danish (but I'm working on an oven recipe – stay tuned!) but here's what you need to know:
- It tastes actually similar to a Danish
- It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and cook
- It's so easy that you can have it for breakfast or a sweet snack
- It is sugar free and low carb
- It looks a *bit* like a Danish 🙂
How to Make a Low Carb Microwave Faux Danish
Add cream cheese and liquid sweetener (you could use homemade simple syrup or Da Vinci sweetening syrup) to the blender or food processor bowl, and blend until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl, don't worry if you don't get it all out.
Add more cream cheese, an egg and low carb sweetener to the blender bowl, and whiz until smooth.
Pour into a microwave-safe shallow round dish. Cook for 1 minute, and it will start to puff up. Spoon the first cream cheese mixture into the center of the dish.
Cook again for 20-30 seconds. You could absolutely eat it just like this, but I like to spoon over a teaspoon or so of low carb fruit sauce (for these photos I had some raspberry puree left over from making my Santa cocktail), but you could make your own low carb strawberry sauce, low carb cranberry sauce, or even use some low carb fruit spread or jam.
Enjoy your faux Danish warm!
for the topping
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp low carb simple syrup, or Da Vinci sugar free syrup
for the Danish
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs low carb sweetener
- Add cream cheese and syrup to a mini blender or food processor bowl, and blend until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
- Add the remaining cream cheese, the egg and granular sweetener to the blender bowl, and whiz until smooth. Pour into a microwave-safe shallow round dish.
- Cook for 1 minute, and it will start to puff up.
- Spoon the first cream cheese mixture into the center of the dish. Cook again for 20-30 seconds.
- Spoon a small amount of fruit sauce over the top (if using), and serve warm.
4g net carbs (whole recipe, not including fruit sauce)
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Whole recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 353 Total Fat 33g Saturated Fat 17g Cholesterol 257mg Sodium 337mg Carbohydrates 4g Net Carbohydrates 4g Fiber 0g Sugar 2g Protein 10g
Check out my Low Carb Meals For One Recipes Ebook!
Are you the only person following a low carb diet in your home? Check out my book!