These fun mojito jello bites have all the flavors of the classic cocktail: lime, fresh mint, and rum! They're also sugar free and low carb!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I don't know about you, but a mojito is one of my favorite cocktails – and it's really easy to make a low carb mojito! Check it out:
The key flavor elements are rum, lime, mint, and something to sweeten things up a little. I recently found a box of lime flavor sugar free jello – and I just *knew* what I wanted to make! Now, sugar free gelatin powder isn't for everyone, I realize that. But I happen to love it – as you can see from my Zero Carb Gummy Candy and Low Carb Gummy Bears!
These little bites have everything you need from a mojito – including a tiny bit of alcohol! They're a great novelty candy to serve at parties and gatherings.
How to Make Low Carb Mojito Jello Bites
You'll need a small silicone mold for these treats – there is a huge choice of shapes on Amazon but here's the tiered square mold that I used. Finely chop about four mint leaves and divide them between the cavities (my mold makes 15 gummies).
Next, add the sugar free lime jello powder to a saucepan, together with one envelope of unflavored powdered gelatin (Knox or similar), and six tablespoons of water. Place over a low-medium heat and cook until all the granules have dissolved. Stir in some white rum: I used 1 tbs for the whole mixture, but you might want to add 2 tbs for a more powerful punch!
Use a squeeze bottle or dropper (this one came with my gummy bear mold!) to transfer the mixture to the mold. Note: If you have any froth on the jello mixture, try to avoid adding that to the mold, as the final gummies may not be clear.
I place the mold on a small cutting board before filling, because it makes it much easier to move it around! Let it cool, then place it in the fridge until set – about 30 minutes.
Carefully remove the mojito jello bites from the mold.
Store in the fridge until required – and they're best eaten within three days.
- 4 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 0.3 oz box lime flavor sugar free Jello
- 1 envelope (0.25oz) unflavored powdered gelatin, eg Knox
- 6 tbs water
- 1 tbs white rum
- Divide the chopped mint between the cavities of a small silicone mold (see main post for details).
- Add the sugar free lime jello powder to a saucepan, together with one envelope of unflavored powdered gelatin, and the water. Place over a low-medium heat and cook until all the granules have dissolved. Stir in the rum.
- Use a squeeze bottle or dropper to transfer the mixture to the mold. Note: If you have any froth on the jello mixture, try to avoid adding that to the mold, as the final gummies may not be clear.
- Let it cool, then place it in the fridge until set - about 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove the mojito jello bites from the mold. Store in the fridge until required - and they're best eaten within three days.
1g net carb per serving of 3 gummies (this recipe makes approximately 15 gummies, depending on the size of the mold used).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 3 Jello Bites
Amount Per ServingCalories 11Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gSodium 16mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 0g
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!