This Zucchini Alfredo is a fantastic dish of “zoodles” coated in a delicious and creamy sauce. Low carb, keto, LCHF, and gluten free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Zucchini is one of the most popular low carb vegetables – and it's particularly good for making “zoodles”! With this vegetarian recipe, I've paired it with a gorgeously creamy low carb Alfredo Sauce. It's a recipe I use frequently – it's great for chicken, fish, veggies, and more! I've even slathered it over alfredo chicken wings! It's a wonderful combination – and is very filling!
How to Make Low Carb Zucchini Alfredo
There are many ways to prepare zucchini noodles (and you can read more in depth about zoodles here!), here are the top methods:
- Julienne peeler
- Handheld spiral cutter
- And of course – you can buy them already prepared in grocery stores!
Whichever method you choose, try to avoid including the seeds – as this will make the final result mushy. Once they're ready, dry fry them in a skillet over a low-medium heat. They contain a lot of water and this is the best way to dry them out.
While the zucchini noodles are cooking, prepare the sauce. Melt some butter in a saucepan, then add some heavy cream. Stir well, then add shredded Parmesan cheese, a little at a time. Test the sauce for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
Drain the cooked noodles of any excess liquid, then add the sauce. Stir well to coat the zoodles, then serve. Garnish the Zucchini Alfredo with chopped fresh parsley or basil.
By the way, if you love zucchini and you have some leftover, try this zucchini cake recipe from My PCOS Kitchen – it looks amazing!
- 12 oz zucchini, prepared into noodles
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 6 tbs shredded Parmesan
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp fresh parsley or basil, for garnishing
- Dry fry the zucchini noodles in a skillet over a low-medium heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the heavy cream. Stir well, then add the Parmesan cheese, a little at a time. Test the sauce for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Drain the cooked noodles of any excess liquid, then add the sauce. Stir well to coat the zoodles, then serve. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or basil.
6g net carbs per serving (half the recipe).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 343Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 106mgSodium 277mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 8g