This (almost!) zero carb garlic bread is 1g net carbs per slice! It's loaded with garlicky butter and melted cheese! Keto and gluten free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
My family got a takeout the other night – I had dry ribs, then added my own sauce to them. It's great low carb meal as long as you don't have the high-sugar sauce that usually comes with ribs. However, included with my son's meal was a garlic roll – and I just stood there inhaling for a while. What *is* it about garlic butter?!?!?
I decided that I wanted to make my own version, but I have to confess that I'm not much of a baker. What I *have* had success with is Cloud Bread – a low carb dieter's classic recipe that's been around for ages – and was discovered by accident when a blogger used cream cheese instead of cottage cheese in a traditional Atkins recipe.
I figured that I could make the regular recipe, then smother it in garlic butter. Oh and maybe some cheese – because – well why not? The first time I tried it – success – so I know that you're going to love it too!
By the way, if you're looking for low carb sandwich bread, check out my guide to buying low carb bread online!
How to Make (Almost!) Zero Carb Garlic Bread
To make the cloud bread base, separate three eggs. Whisk the yolks and cream cheese together until smooth (I use a stand mixer for this). Then in a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with a little cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. I use a hand mixer for this, but if you have a second bowl for your stand mixer then you could use this instead.
Slowly fold the two mixtures together, trying to keep as much of the volume as possible.
Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat AND spray it with non-stick spray. Yes, this recipe really needs both – trust me! Spoon the mixture out into six rounds.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden on top.
Meanwhile, prepare the garlic butter by melting butter in the microwave, then stirring in some garlic paste and black pepper.
When the cloud bread has cooked, remove from the oven and switch it to the broiler setting. Brush the cloud bread with that wonderful garlic butter.
And finally, sprinkle them with cheese!
Broil for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted (make sure the bread doesn't burn around the edges though), then garnish with some chopped fresh parsley.
You can serve this as a snack, or as a side dish. YUM!
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 oz cream cheese
- pinch cream of tartar
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded Italian cheese
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat AND spray it with non-stick spray.
- To make the cloud bread base, whisk the yolks and cream cheese together until smooth. Then in a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with a little cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly fold the two mixtures together, trying to keep as much of the volume as possible.
- Spoon the mixture out into six rounds on the prepared baking sheet, then bake for 20 minutes or until golden on top.
- Meanwhile, prepare the garlic butter by melting butter in the microwave, then stirring in some garlic paste and black pepper.
- When the cloud bread has cooked, remove from the oven and switch it to the broiler setting. Brush the cloud bread with the garlic butter, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted, then garnish with some chopped fresh parsley.
1g net carb per garlic bread (Recipe makes 6)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 Slice
Amount Per ServingCalories 129Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 108mgSodium 86mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 4g
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!