Get ready for Halloween with this hilarious puking pumpkin! (It’s really just a spicy guacamole served with low carb chips and veggies!)
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
A “puking” or “vomiting” pumpkin is classic Halloween party dish to serve to your guests – it never fails to make people laugh! And of course it’s super easy to make a low carb guacamole; you just have to make sure you provide some low carb chips and vegetable sticks, and everyone is happy!
But for Halloween I didn’t want to make just any old guac – so I thought I would make a SPICY guacamole – well of course! And then somewhere along the line I added in some cooked bacon, and the result is a delicious recipe!
For the pumpkin, I was originally going to use a plastic one because (shock horror) I actually *hate* carving pumpkins. But then it just didn’t look right, so I carved a mouth from a Sugar Pie Pumpkin (it felt like the right size) and then added extra details with a permanent marker. I didn’t clean out the “guts” of the pumpkin but of course you could do that if you prefer!
Love Halloween? Check out all my low carb Halloween recipes!
How to Make a Puking Pumpkin with Spicy Guacamole
Mash four avocados together in a bowl. Add some lime juice, onion powder, hot sauce, and cumin, and mix well.
Taste for seasoning, and add salt and pepper as necessary. Add some chopped cooked bacon, cilantro leaves, and a diced jalapeño, and stir well. It’s up to you whether you want to include the jalapeño seeds or not!
Carve a mouth into the pumpkin (and other features too, or draw them on with a Sharpie).
Place it on a serving plate and spoon the guacamole into the mouth and onto the plate. Surround it with low carb chips. Here are some suggestions:
- Low carb corn chips made by Dixie USA
- Cucumber sticks
- Jicama sticks
- Flaxseed crackers
- Homemade low carb tortilla chips (as shown)
- Cooked shrimp
- Pepperoni chips
Doesn’t it look like a great talking point?!?
"Puking" Pumpkin with Spicy Guacamole
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 4 avocados peeled and pitted
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeño finely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 pumpkin (for decoration only)
- Mash the avocados together in a bowl. Add the lime juice, onion powder, hot sauce, and cumin and mix well.
- Taste for seasoning, and add salt and pepper as necessary. Add the bacon, cilantro, and jalapeño, and stir well.
- Carve a mouth into the pumpkin (and other features too, or draw them on with a Sharpie). Place it on a serving plate and spoon the guacamole into the mouth and onto the plate.
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!