This low carb slow cooker lamb recipe is full of flavor from the thyme and red wine.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I don’t often cook lamb these days but when I saw some lamb shoulder chops on sale I jumped at the opportunity. Lamb seems so expensive here compared to the UK (when I am originally from) so a reduced price is always appreciated! On the day I needed to use it I was pretty busy, so decided to cook it in the slow cooker – so easy!
Place the lamb into the slow cooker, trimming if necessary – I have a small 3 quart slow cooker so I cut my lamb into smaller pieces, but left the bones in.
Add garlic paste, broth or stock (vegetable, chicken or beef!), red wine, and sprigs of fresh thyme.
Stir to mix then cook on high heat for 3 hours or low heat for 6 hours. It smells SO good!
This dish works really well served with cauliflower mash – boil a small head of cauliflower until tender, then mash it with butter, salt and black pepper.
Add in some finely chopped green onions for an extra pop of flavor and color.
When the lamb has cooked, remove the bones and thyme stalks. Chop up the lamb meat if necessary and season with salt and black pepper if you like. Serve the mash on a serving plate with the lamb, and a large spoonful (or two) of the juice from the slow cooker. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves.
Slow Cooker Lamb with Thyme #lowcarb #slowcooker #lamb Click To Tweet
- 2 lamb shoulder chops bone in
- 1 cup broth or stock vegetable, beef or chicken
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- ¼ cup fresh thyme sprigs plus extra leaves for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the lamb shoulders if necessary. Place in a slow cooker.
- Add garlic paste, broth or stock, red wine and thyme sprigs. Stir well.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Cut the lamb meat into smaller pieces if necessary, serve with a large spoonful of the juice from the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
3g net carbs per serving