This slow cooker lamb recipe is full of flavor from the thyme and mushrooms. A low carb and keto friendly recipe for a cold day!
This post may contain affiliate links.
I don't often cook lamb these days but when I saw some diced lamb on sale I jumped at the opportunity. Lamb seems so expensive here in the US compared to the UK (where I am originally from) so a reduced price is always appreciated! On the day I needed to use it I was pretty busy, so decided to cook it in my Instant Pot using the slow cooker setting – so easy!
It's a super savory recipe that is ideal for a cold day or when you're feeling under the weather!
How to Make Slow Cooker Lamb with Thyme
Trim any excess fat from the lamb and place it into the slow cooker (or Instant Pot!). Add garlic paste, broth or stock (vegetable, chicken or beef!), sliced mushrooms, sprigs of fresh thyme, salt and pepper.
Stir to mix then cook on high heat for 3 hours or low heat for 6 hours (slow cooker setting if using an Instant Pot). It smells SO good!
When the lamb has cooked, remove the thyme stalks. Spoon the lamb and mushrooms onto serving plates, and add a large spoonful (or two) of the juice from the slow cooker. The liquid isn't particularly thick, so you could always stir a pinch or two of xanthan gum into if you'd like, but personally I didn't think it was necessary!
Garnish with fresh thyme leaves.Slow Cooker Lamb with Thyme #lowcarb #slowcooker #lamb Click To Tweet
- 1 lb stew lamb, diced
- 4 fl oz broth or stock, vegetable, beef or chicken
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs, plus extra leaves for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim the lamb if necessary. Place in a slow cooker or Instant Pot.
- Add garlic paste, broth or stock, mushrooms, thyme sprigs, and salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours (slow cooker setting if using an Instant Pot).
- When the lamb has cooked, remove the thyme stalks. Spoon the lamb and mushrooms onto serving plates, and add a large spoonful (or two) of the juice from the slow cooker. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves.
4.5g net carbs per serving (half the recipe)
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 339Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 147mgSodium 390mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 4.5gFiber 1.5gSugar 2gProtein 49g