This buttery spaghetti squash side dish is flavored with garlic, Parmesan, and oregano! Low carb, gluten free, and keto friendly recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
If you haven't tried spaghetti squash before, this is the perfect recipe for you to try. It uses cooked spaghetti squash, so you can prepare the vegetable in advance and then enjoy this buttery gorgeous side dish in only a few minutes!
There are various ways to cook spaghetti squash – I've tried so many that I wrote a whole article about it! Two of my favorite methods are the microwave (like I did for these Spaghetti Squash Fritters) or slicing it into rings then roasting – a method I used for my Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin recipe.
Here's my guide on How to Cook a Spaghetti Squash!
However you cook it, you can proceed straight to step one in the instructions below, or let it cool, then store in the fridge until ready to cook.
How to Make Buttery Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cooked, (approx 5 cups)
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- 2 tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- salt and black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 tbs fresh oregano leaves
- Melt the butter in a large skillet, then add the garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the garlic starts to turn light brown.
- Add the cooked spaghetti squash, together with the salt and black pepper. Continue to cook until the squash has warmed through.
- Finally, add the shredded Parmesan, stir to mix, then serve, garnished with fresh oregano leaves and extra butter, if you like.
6g net carbs per serving (quarter of the whole recipe)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 161Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 35mgSodium 118mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 3g