Keto beef stir fry is a great way to make your favorite restaurant beef stir fry but at home! Made with thinly sliced steak, bell pepper, onion, snow peas, and a homemade stir fry sauce. Try out this delicious keto stir fry recipe.
It is hard eating out when you are on a ketogenic diet. Sometimes the foods we want are full of unwanted carbs. But making your own at home, gives you similar flavor but in a meal you can feel safe eating.
Try my keto chicken salad, keto creamy chicken spinach bake, or even this keto bang bang shrimp.
This Keto Beef Stir Fry Recipe Is…
- Keto Friendly
- Made with real ingredients
- Quick and easy dinner idea
- Reheats well
- Family friendly
How to Make Beef Stir Fry
Here is a simple and easy beef stir fry recipe that is keto friendly. The full measurements and steps are featured at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk through on how it is made.
- Whisk up the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Slice your steak and toss with the coconut flour.
- Heat your oil in a skillet, and once hot add your steak to the pan.
- Once steak is seared, toss in the vegetables. Saute to cook the vegetables.
- Pour in the sauce, and stir till thickened.
- Serve with your garnishments and enjoy.
Tools For Beef Stir Fry
Reach for a large skillet for your stir fry, or even a Wok. Having a larger skillet is best for searing the meat and vegetables evenly.
Reach for a whisk for mixing up the ingredients for the stir fry sauce. It will help in really whipping up the ingredients together to ensure you get a well mixed sauce.
Make sure to use a sharp knife when you are slicing your beef and vegetables for evenly cut strips. This is key for you especially when you cut your beef.
Helpful Tips for Keto Beef Stir Fry
Cut Against The Grain
Make sure that when you are slicing the steak, you cut against the grain. This is going to help ensure your beef is tender and not chewy and tough when you bite into it.
Evenly Cut Vegetables
Make sure to evenly dice up the vegetables the same size so that you get an even cook on the vegetables as well.
It will take a few minutes for the sauce to thicken once it is poured into the pan. Make sure to stir the sauce a bit while it is cooking and it should cook 1-2 minutes.
Variations to Keto Beef Stir Fry
Chicken or Pork
Instead of beef you can thinly slice up chicken and use that instead of beef. Or reach for pork and thinly slice as well.
You can use any type of vegetables that you would like. If you are following a keto diet then make sure you are using lower carb vegetables. Otherwise you can use any type of vegetables you would like.
If you do not want to make your own sauce you are welcome to buy a ketogenic approved sauce to use for your stir fry instead of making a homemade sauce.
Keto Beef Stir Fry FAQs
How to store leftovers?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-4 days. Then when you are ready reheat in the microwave or the skillet.
Does this recipe double?
Go right ahead and double this recipe if you would like. Just use a larger skillet so it will make sure it is going to fit all the steak and the veggies in a nice layer as it won't be too crowded.
Keto Beef Stir Fry
Keto beef stir fry is a great way to make your favorite restaurant beef stir fry but at home! Made with thinly sliced steak, bell pepper, onion, snow peas, and a homemade stir fry sauce.
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lime, juiced, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ¼ lb skirt or flank steak, sliced against the grain
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- 2 green onions, chopped for garnish
- Whisk together the coconut aminos, garlic, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, and ground ginger in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Slice the steak against the grain and add it to a large bowl. Toss the steak with 1 tablespoon of coconut flour. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to the hot skillet.
- Add the steak, and sear on all sides for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the steak to a plate.
- Heat the additional tablespoon of avocado oil in the same skillet. Add the bell peppers, onions, and snow peas. Saute the vegetables until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the steak and coconut aminos mixture to the skillet. Stir and cook until the sauce has thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the basil.
- Serve the stir-fry garnished with cilantro, green onions, and lime wedges. If desired, you can serve it over cauliflower rice instead of white rice to make it keto-friendly.]