These low carb nachos are loaded with shredded chicken, cheese, and more! Great to serve as an appetizer or snack to share.
This post may contain affiliate links.
I'm going to start with a little bit of honesty. If you're a “make-broccoli-flax-tortillas-chips-from-scratch” kind of person – then I am in awe. I love broccoli! I love flax! But personally, I don't have the time to make tortillas. Or energy. Once I discovered that I could make super quick homemade tortilla chips from store-bought low carb tortillas – that was it for me – I looked no further! Low carb tortillas may not be all natural, but they ARE convenient. I've tried many of them over the years, and I think it takes a while to find the right balance of taste, price, and availability.
A few days ago I posted my recipe for Mexican Shredded Chicken. It's made in the slow cooker (or Instant Pot!) and is full of flavor as well as being super moist and delicious. It's absolutely ideal for this recipe.
Love nachos? Try my Low Carb Nacho Bar!
How to Make Low Carb Nachos with Chicken
So here's how it goes! Make the tortilla chips according to my popular recipe. They only take a few minutes! I used four low carb tortillas that have a carb count of 4g net carbs (Mission Carb Balance Fajita).
Transfer the chips to an oven-safe serving platter, then load it up with the shredded chicken and shredded cheese (I use chihuahua as I love how it melts – but any Mexican blend cheese would be great). Also make sure that the chicken is thoroughly drained otherwise it will make the chips soggy.
Place the platter under a preheated broiler and cook until the cheese has melted. Add the rest of the toppings and serve immediately. Here are some suggestions:
Low Carb Nacho Toppings
- guacamole (my creamy guac would be great!)
- black olives
- sour cream
- low carb salsa (I love the Green Mountain Gringo brand)
- fresh or pickled jalapeño slices
- shredded lettuce
- fresh cilantro leaves
- cotija cheese
Low Carb Nachos with Chicken #lowcarb #lowcarbnachos Click To Tweet
What would you put on your low carb nachos?!!? Let me know in the comments!
- 4 low carb tortillas
- 1 portion of Mexican Shredded Chicken, see separate recipe
- 1 cup shredded cheese, eg Mexican blend
- Preheat the broiler.
- Make the tortilla into nacho chips (see separate recipe).
- Transfer the chips to an oven-safe serving platter, then load it up with the shredded chicken and shredded cheese. Also make sure that the chicken is thoroughly drained otherwise it will make the chips soggy.
- Place the platter under the broiler and cook until the cheese has melted. Add the rest of the toppings and serve immediately.
Approx 2.4g net carbs per serving (not including optional toppings as there are too many variables)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size Eighth of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 155Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 39mgSodium 325mgCarbohydrates 8.4gNet Carbohydrates 2.4gFiber 6gSugar 0gProtein 15g