This easy pumpkin soup is flavored with coconut and fragrant Indian spices. Low carb and LCHF recipe.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you, I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This soup is REALLY easy to make. No blending or processing. And apart from the fresh cilantro garnish, all the ingredients are from the store cupboard – but it doesn't taste like it! This pumpkin soup has SO much flavor, and would be ideal for serving as part of your Thanksgiving celebrations! It serves about six people, so it's perfect for an appetizer or light lunch.
How to Make Low Carb Pumpkin Soup
Add a little oil to a large saucepan and place over a medium heat. Add some garam masala and fry it for five minutes to release a wonderful fragrance!
Next, add a whole can of pumpkin puree (100% pumpkin, not pie filling), a can of unsweetened coconut milk, onion powder, ground cumin, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
Test for seasoning, and add salt and pepper as necessary. Serve the soup into bowls, and garnish with cilantro. You could even garnish it with some roasted pumpkin seeds!
Update: Try serving this soup with my low carb Naan Bread!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 15 oz canned pumpkin puree, 100% pumpkin, not pie filling
- 13.6 fl oz (403ml) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Add the oil to a large saucepan and place over a medium heat. Add the garam masala and fry it for five minutes.
- Next, add the pumpkin, coconut milk, onion powder, ground cumin, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Test for seasoning, and add salt and pepper as necessary. Serve the soup into bowls, and garnish with cilantro.
7.5g net carbs per serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size Sixth of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 193Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 14gSodium 171mgCarbohydrates 10.5gNet Carbohydrates 7.5gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 2g