These sweet pork rinds are flavored with chocolate, cinnamon and butter! They really are zero carb, as well as sugar free and keto friendly!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Sweet pork rinds?!?!? Yes really! I'll admit that it was a 3am brainwave to make them, but it stemmed from a combination of three things:
- My love of foods that are salty and sweet – like my chocolate dipped bacon!
- My recipe for homemade low carb cinnamon chips (from low carb tortillas)
- My recipe for homemade BBQ Pork Rinds
I figured that if I coated pork rinds in a sweetened mixture, I could turn really change the flavor profile. I decided to add a combination of chocolate, butter, sweetener and a dash of cinnamon.
For this recipe I have used microwave pork rinds – they have a long shelf life and are super convenient. But you can definitely make this recipe with the ready to eat chicharonnes!
How to Make Sweet Pork Rinds
Melt some butter in a bowl. Stir in some Confectioner's Swerve, unsweetened cocoa powder, and ground cinnamon.
Cook the pork rinds in the microwave according to the pack instructions – usually just a minute or two. It almost feels like you're going to make popcorn!
Transfer the pork rinds to a large bowl. Discard any that haven't “popped”.
Pour the cocoa mixture over the pork rinds and stir well. You can either eat them straight away (which is tasty but a little messy), or spread them out on some parchment paper for an hour.
This snack is best if eaten the same day!
So how's the taste? It's not meaty or even buttery, but you can taste the saltiness – which actually makes them incredibly moreish! The hint of cinnamon adds a great touch of flavor. This is a bizarre analogy but they're almost like eating giant cocoa pops!
Enjoy these sweet pork rinds as a snack, sweet treat, or even a no carb dessert!
Check out my guide to Carb Free Chips!
- 1.75 oz microwave pack of pork rinds
- 2 oz butter
- 2 tbs confectioner's Swerve
- 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Melt the butter in a bowl. Stir in the Confectioner's Swerve, unsweetened cocoa powder, and ground cinnamon.
- Cook the pork rinds in the microwave according to the pack instructions - usually just a minute or two.
- Pour the pork rinds into a large bowl. Discard any that haven't "popped".
- Pour the cocoa mixture over the pork rinds and stir well. You can either eat them straight away (which is tasty but a little messy), or spread them out on some parchment paper for an hour.
- Best if eaten the same day!
A zero carb recipe. Makes four servings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 173Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 42mgSodium 329mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 1gProtein 8g
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Everything Zero Carb Ebook!
Here's everything you need to know about eating carb free!