These keto Asian chicken meatballs are a tasty dish to serve as an appetizer or part of a main meal. Sugar free, gluten free, and low carb recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
I don't often make meatballs using ground chicken, but whenever I do I realize how much lighter they are than pork or beef meatballs. With these meatballs I've given them some delicious Asian flavors, and then made a simple sweet and sticky sauce to coat them in.
How to Make Keto Asian Chicken Meatballs
In a large bowl, combine some ground chicken, homemade low carb breadcrumbs or pork rind crumbs, a beaten egg, chopped fresh cilantro, soy sauce, ginger paste, and garlic paste. Season with a generous amount of salt and black pepper.
Form the mixture into 16 balls, and place them on a non-stick baking sheet.
Roast in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
Transfer the cooked meatballs to a bowl and add the sauce. Turn to coat, then place them on a serving platter. Drizzle a little extra sauce over the top, then garnish with chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Alternatively, you could skip the sauce and dip them in something like my keto Chinese brown sauce!
For the Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ cup low carb breadcrumbs or pork rind crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbs soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tbs garlic paste
- 1 tbs ginger paste
- salt and black pepper
For the Sauce
- chopped green onions
- toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- To make the meatballs, combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Season with a generous amount of salt and black pepper.
- Form the mixture into 16 balls, and place them on a non-stick baking sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining all the ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over a low-medium heat until warmed through.
- Transfer the cooked meatballs to a bowl and add the sauce. Turn to coat, then place them on a serving platter.
- Drizzle a little extra sauce over the top, then garnish with chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
2.8g net carbs per serving (four meatballs and quarter of the sauce)
Nutritional data is best estimate given the variations in products used (eg breadcrumbs, honey, and ketchup)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 4 Meatballs
Amount Per Serving Calories 289Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 168mgSodium 1472mgCarbohydrates 3.1gNet Carbohydrates 2.8gFiber 0.3gSugar 0gProtein 30g