This cilantro chutney is a fantastic condiment to any Indian meal! Low carb, keto, dairy free and sugar free recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Cilantro Chutney – otherwise known as Green Chutney or Dhaniya Chutney is a classic condiment found in Indian meals. It's very green, slightly spicy, and with a fantastic fresh flavor. I've used cilantro as the only herb in my version, but you could also add some mint leaves (this would make it a Dhaniya Pudhina Chutney!).
The recipe is naturally low in carbohydrates, is quick to make, and it gets even better if you prepare it a day or two in advance of requiring it!
Check out all my recipes for low carb Indian food!!
How to Make Low Carb Cilantro Chutney
To make the chutney, add fresh cilantro (leaves and stalks) to a food processor, together with some water, garlic paste, ginger paste, coconut flour, lemon juice, and a chopped green chili (I used a serrano pepper). You could of course use fresh ginger and/or garlic – but I always have the pastes on hand so it's more convenient!
Blend until smooth, and taste for seasoning. As salt as required, and blend again.
Transfer the chutney to a serving dish, then cover and store in the fridge until required.
Ways to enjoy your cilantro chutney:
- As a dip for Low Carb Naan Bread, Indian Spicy Shrimp or Indian Chicken Wings
- In a burger! Try my Low Carb Tandoori Chicken Burgers!
- With a curry like a Chicken Korma or Lamb Masala
- As a condiment to meat dishes like Tandoori Chicken or Tandoori Lamb
You might also like my Indian Red Cabbage Chutney!
- 2 cups fresh cilantro, leaves and stalks
- 6 tbs water
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 green chili pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- salt, as required
- Add the cilantro, water, garlic paste, ginger paste, coconut flour, lemon juice, and the green chili to a food processor.
- Blend until smooth, and taste for seasoning. As salt as required, and blend again.
- Transfer the chutney to a serving dish, then cover and store in the fridge until required.
1g net carb per serving (quarter of the whole recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 15Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gSodium 46mgCarbohydrates 2gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 1gProtein 0g