These guacamole bombs are great for parties and entertaining! Low carb, keto, sugar free, and dairy free recipe, with a gluten free option.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I've made Bacon Bombs, Fat Bombs and Cheese Bombs… And now it's time for guacamole bombs!!! If you like my recipe for Avocado Fries – you'll love this too! I've included how to make guacamole in the recipe, but quite honestly you could use store-bought or your own preferred recipe. Just make sure you allow enough time for them to be frozen before coating and frying.
Oh – and I have shallow fried them in this recipe but I'll be honest and say if you are OK with deep fat frying they'd probably be even better – but it's not something that I'm ever comfortable doing, and shallow frying is good enough!
But they're very moreish – and although you don't need to also provide a dip, something like sour cream is a nice addition.
What's in this Article?
How to Make Low Carb Guacamole Bombs
To make the guacamole, add two avocados, low carb salsa, onion powder, ground cumin, lime juice, fresh chopped cilantro, salt and pepper to a bowl. Mash everything together until smooth.
Use a spoon or cookie scoop to portion out the guacamole onto a small baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or wax paper. This recipe makes 12 guacamole bombs!
Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
Gluten free option: Replace the low carb breadcrumbs with the coating that I made for my low carb chicken tenders recipe.
Place the breadcrumbs in one bowl, and a beaten egg in another. Take the avocado balls out of the freezer and, working quickly, dip each one fully in the egg, then roll it around in the breadcrumbs until fully coated. Place it on a plate and repeat with the rest.
Add some oil to a large skillet and place over a medium-high heat. Add the guacamole bombs and cook until they start to harden on the outside and turn darker brown. They will need turning often for even cooking.
Transfer them to a serving plate and serve warm with sour cream.
Your guests are going to love them!
For the guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados, skin and stone removed
- ¼ cup low carb salsa
- 2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper
For the coating
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup low carb seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs oil
- Mash all the guacamole ingredients together in a bowl. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to portion out 12 balls of guacamole and place them on a small baking pan lined with a silicone mat or wax paper. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for two hours.
- Add the beaten egg to one bowl, and the breadcrumbs in another. Remove the guacamole balls from the freezer and quickly dip each one fully in the egg, then coat it in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet and add the guacamole bombs. Cook over a medium-high heat, turning frequently. When all sides are hardened, transfer them to a serving platter.
2g net carbs per serving of two guacamole bombs
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 2 Bombs
Amount Per Serving Calories 191Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 28mgSodium 159mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 6gProtein 5g