Here's a collection of ideas for a low carb breakfast on the go! Includes recipes, products, and drive-thru tips!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Whether you're doing the school run, dashing for a meeting, or just plain running out of time, it's great to be able to have a grab-and-go breakfast. Because if you don't, the chances increase of you having to settle for a high carb option instead, or being so hungry by lunchtime you are desperate for stodgy carbs.
For me, an “on the go” breakfast is something portable, relatively mess-free, and doesn't need cutlery. I've split things up into three main sections – items that you can buy which is perfect for busy weeks. Next are breakfast recipes to make in advance, then either reheat (if necessary) or enjoy cold. These recipes obviously require a little more planning, but then, that's often the way when you follow a low carb diet! And finally, a quick section on what to order at the drive-thru!
Low Carb Breakfast On The Go To BUY
- Bulletproof Cold Brew Coffee
- Low Carb Omelet Bars from Scramblers – 2g net carbs!
- Super soft and chewy granola-style Nola Bars from Perfect Keto – get 15% off with coupon code stepawayfromthecarbs
- Cheese snacks
- Atkins Meal Bars
- Hard boiled eggs
- Low Carb Croissants from Ciao Carb! Order them from Netrition.
- Zero Carb SmartMuf'ns! – get 10% off with coupon code: StepAwayFromTheCarbs
- Mixed nuts and/or seeds
- Tasty Pastries from Legendary Foods – 5g net carbs each!
Low Carb Breakfast On The Go To MAKE AHEAD
Low Carb Chocolate "Croissants"
These low carb chocolate croissants are made with FatHead dough! They're sugar free, keto, LCHF, gluten free - and super filling!
Low Carb Berry Breakfast Muffins
These low carb berry breakfast muffins are SUPER easy to make, from just a few ingredients! They're also sugar free, gluten free, and keto friendly!
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Pancake Bites
These chocolate chip pancake bites are made in the Instant Pot! A low carb and sugar free breakfast treat or sweet snack!
Low Carb Danish "Pastries"
These Danish "pastries" are made with sweetened fathead dough and sugar free jam! Enjoy them for breakfast, brunch, or as a sweet snack!
Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
These low carb blueberry muffins are ideal for those times when you fancy a sweet treat! Gluten free, sugar free, and keto friendly recipe.
Low Carb Sausage Egg Sandwich
This sausage egg sandwich contains just 2g net carbs - total! A low carb, gluten free, and keto-friendly breakfast or brunch for one!
Keto Raspberry and Lemon Scones
These raspberry and lemon scones are so easy to make! A low carb, sugar free, gluten free, and dairy free recipe!
Low Carb Faux Danish Muffins
These low carb faux Danish muffins make a wonderful breakfast or snack! Watch the video tutorial!
Low Carb Asparagus Egg Bites
These Asparagus Egg Bites make the perfect snack - especially on the go! Low carb, keto, and gluten free recipe.
Low Carb Layered Breakfast Muffins
This layered breakfast muffin is a wonderful low carb way to start your day! Gluten free and keto recipe.
Low Carb Breakfast At The Drive-Thru
Sometimes fast food is the only option, so here are some ideas of what to order.
- McDonald's: Any of the biscuits, griddles, and muffins are OK – as long as you cancel the bun! An English muffin from McDonald's contains 27g carbs and a McGriddle is 40g! Shown below: Sausage & Egg McMuffin (no muffin), Bacon, Egg & Cheese McGriddle (no griddle, extra bacon)
- Starbucks: The only options here are the Sous Vide Egg Bites (9g carbs) and bags of Moon Cheese
- Wendy's: Try the Breakfast Baconator (no bun) – it's 5g net carbs
- Burger King: The best suggestions here are the Sausage (or Bacon!), Egg and Cheese Croissan’wich – but – you guessed it – without the croissant
- Dairy Queen: Go for the Bacon or Ham Biscuit Sandwich (no bun) for 3g net carbs
- Sonic: Order the Sonic Breakfast Bowl (4g net carbs) or a breakfast burrito but in a bowl with no tortilla
- Panera: Try the Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Sandwich with no bread for 2g net carbs
Quick Low Carb Breakfast Ideas
Bonus! And if you have just a little time, you might like some of these QUICK low carb breakfast recipes – including smoothies, roll-ups, parfaits, cereal, and more!
Did I include your on-the-go breakfast? Let me know in the comments!