This low carb lasagna soup is a fun way to eat a traditional Italian meal! Keto and LCHF recipe.
This post also contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
It’s winter. Soup is good. Right? Except that, when you’re on a low carb diet, soups often aren’t filling enough (unless it’s a big rich cheese soup, of course)! Without the classic additions of rice, pasta or noodles, soup can be delicious but just not filling enough. And if you’re anything like me, that means that you’re more susceptible to a snack or three a little later.
My answer to this problem was more MEAT. Ground beef is the perfect candidate, and that’s how I came up with the idea of this low carb lasagna soup! So let’s get started!
In a large skillet, brown the meat in oil then add onion powder and dried Italian herbs (I use a seasoning blend). Add beef broth or stock, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes to let the flavors all meld together.
Meanwhile, cut up two low carb tortillas into small strips. These will imitate the pasta part of the lasagna! Add them to the soup with some shredded cheese. Cook for another few minutes until the cheese has melted. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
Serve with additional shredded cheese and a swirl of heavy cream or a dollop of sour cream, whichever you prefer.Low Carb Lasagna Soup - a delicious and filling twist on the Italian classic! #lowcarb Click To Tweet
My non-low-carbing husband was a huge fan of this soup! It has a really deep, savory flavor and it is soooo comforting when it is cold outside!
Low Carb Lasagna SoupPrint
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cups beef stock or broth
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 small low carb tortillas 3g net carb each if possible
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- salt and black pepper
- sour cream or heavy cream optional, for garnish
- extra shredded cheese optional, for garnish
- Add the olive oil and beef to a large pan and cook until the meat has browned. Add the onion powder, Italian seasoning.
- Add the beef stock, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the tortillas into small strips and add them to the soup with the cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve, garnished with extra cheese and sour cream or heavy cream if desired.
5g net carbs per serving (a quarter of the whole recipe).
Omit the tortillas for a gluten free version.
Check out my Low Carb Recipe Ebook!
If you adore Italian food, you'll love this collection of delicious 25 low carb Italian recipes!