Here's a great guide to the best sources of omega-3 for low carb dieters. Includes a review of Nature Made® Omega-3 Full Strength Mini supplements.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NatureMadeHeartHealth #CollectiveBias
Do you ever wonder if you're eating enough Omega-3s? Here are some awesome sources of Omega-3 in low carb food:
- Chia Seeds (try Low Carb Strawberry Chia Cooler)
- Walnuts (try Low Carb Walnut Fudge)
- Salmon (try One Pan Herb Crusted Salmon with Asparagus)
- Anchovies (try Low Carb Anchoïade)
- Oysters (try Low Carb Oyster Gratin)
- Flaxseed (try Low Carb Flax and Coconut Muffins)
- Spinach (try Low Carb Asian Beef and Spinach Soup)
- Pecans (try Easy Low Carb Pecan Cookies)
- Sardines (try Low Carb Sardine Tostadas)
- Brussels Sprouts (try Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan)
However, if you want to ensure that you have the right amount on a daily basis, there's no beating Omega-3 supplements. Let's face it – some days we just don't want to cook, or even have to think about whether we've had enough vitamins and minerals! I actually learned more about this recently when I was looking for fish oil in Walmart. They've switched the packaging over so that they now focus on the EPA and DHA Omega-3s from fish oil. I found an awesome a selection of Nature Made® Omega-3 supplements that clearly highlight the amount of EPA & DHA Omega-3s on the front of the label.
I chose Nature Made® Omega-3 Full Strength Mini, 500mg EPA+DHA, Burpless – and yes – this formula is specially coated to help prevent a fishy odor and aftertaste! I also like the smaller size, because like most people I find it awkward to swallow those larger size ones!
Hover over the photo below to click through and find out more about these supplements.
Here's a few quick facts about Nature Made® Omega-3 products:
- Their fish oil supply only comes from wild caught ocean fish, not farm raised fish
- No color added
- No artificial flavors
- Gluten free
Did you know that Nature Made® is the #1 Pharmacist recommended vitamin and supplement brand?* And with this packaging switch, it's clear that they want to help consumers make the best choices – although remember that the new label is only available at Walmart!
My husband and I have both been trying the Nature Made® Omega-3 Full Strength Mini, 500mg EPA+DHA, Burpless for the last few days, and we're both in agreement that they are both easy to swallow and burpless!
Text OMEGA3 to 555888 and watch a quick video from Nature Made® to learn more about your Heart Health and Omega-3s at Walmart.
* Based on a survey of pharmacists who recommend branded vitamins and supplements.