Here is a list of 43 zero carb foods, including meat, seafood, dairy, vegetables, drinks, oils and condiments.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Apparently there is such a thing as a no carb diet. Although this way of eating a little too extreme for me, I still find it useful to know what can be considered “free” food in terms of carbohydrates.
Note: I realize that some of these foods aren’t 100% lacking in carbs – but I consider under 1g net carbs per serving to be almost as good as zero. If this idea or any of the individual items don’t fit with your way of eating, please disregard this list or the item in question. Always check nutritional data labels on food before purchasing.
These foods do not naturally contain carbohydrates, apart from those in the vegetable list which contain between 0 and 1g net carb per serving, and heavy cream which is also exceedingly low. For meats and seafood, the key is to go for unprocessed food. As soon as someone processes the meat or fish (think ham, bacon, jerky, burgers) there is a higher chance that they have also added some carbs!
Want to grab this list of zero carb foods in a handy FREE printable? Scroll down for a link!
Zero Carb Meat:
- Beef (check out Omaha Steaks for amazing deals!)
- Organ meats
- Pork rinds (an exception to the processed rule – and see below for lots of ways to use them!)
Zero Carb Seafood:
Zero Carb Dairy:
- Most types of cheese
- Heavy cream (very low carbohydrates)
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil – check out my review of the Fresh Pressed Olive Oil Club and get yourself a bottle of EVOO for just $1 (if you’re in the US!)
- Sunflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Avocado oil
- Safflower oil
- Corn oil
- Peanut oil
Almost Zero Carb Vegetables (most contain between 0 and 1g net carb per serving):
- Leafy greens (lettuce, arugula, spinach, swiss chard, kale, turnip greens, bok choy etc)
- Fresh herbs
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Chicory family (endive, escarole, radicchio)
Zero Carb Condiments:
- Vinegar (NOT balsamic)
- Mustard (avoid honey varieties)
- Many types of hot sauce
- Regular (full fat) mayonnaise
Zero Carb Drinks:
- Tea (no milk or sugar)
- Coffee (no milk or sugar)
- Diet soda
- Herbal tea
- Drink mix powders (eg Crystal Light)
And as an extra bonus, here are some zero carb recipes:
- Pepperoni Chips
- Homemade Chipotle Beef Jerky
- Parmesan Crisps
- Zero Carb Gummy Candies
- Lettuce Steak Wraps
- Italian Baked Chicken Thighs
- Pork Rind Crusted Bacon
- BBQ Pork Rinds
And just a quick note about these zero carb foods and recipes – just because they lack carbohydrates doesn’t mean you should eat unlimited amounts of them. Moderation, my friends. Moderation.
Want to grab this list of zero carb foods in a handy printable? It’s FREE in my store!
Check out my Low Carb Starter Pack Ebook!
Are you just beginning your low carb journey? Check out my starter pack of printables!